Below are Five important tips to ensure that your Online Banking experience is optimised by protecting your PC from fraudulent attempts. Read on to find out more.
- Ensure that you install the latest security patches and updates to correct weaknesses in your system – it only takes one point of entry for hacking to occur
- Install the latest Ant-Virus software to safeguard against viruses, in addition to regular virus sweeps of your system
- Protect your system and its contents, by utilizing a personal firewall which minimizes outside attacks by unauthorized traffic.
- Choose a password which no one else can think of, but is easy to remember. By using letters, numbers and symbols this reduces the likelihood that your password can be guessed.
- Run anti-spyware programs regularly to prohibit the acquisition of personal information, for example, passwords, telephone numbers, credit card numbers and identification card numbers
Carrying out these simple steps can offer you some protection against the electronic threats out there. The likelihood of becoming susceptible to these threats is still there, as these measures are designed to minimize these threats.