Visa Debit Card
Enjoy enhanced security and convenience with the new First Citizens Visa debit card
The renewal process for First Citizens Visa Debit Cards has begun
Delivery and activation of your new card is easier and more convenient than ever.
Contactless Payments in 3 Simple Steps!
Making contactless payments is as simple as 123!
No swiping, no long waiting and your card stays in your hand!
1. Look for the contactless payment symbol
2. Tap your contactless card on the symbol
3. Collect your receipt!
First Citizens Visa Debit Card FAQs
1. How does Chip and PIN technology make my transaction secure?
The embedded Chip technology secures your financial information, making it difficult for fraudsters to replicate when you use your card to make a purchase at merchants.
2. How does the new First Citizens Visa debit card work?
At a chip-enabled terminal (POS/ATM), you will be required to insert your debit card into the device and leave it there for the duration of the transaction.
Please note, identification and your signature are not required.
3. Can I still swipe my new First Citizens Visa debit card?
Once the merchant’s POS terminal is chip enabled, you will not be required to swipe your First Citizens Visa debit card. However, non-chip enabled POS terminals will process your transaction by swiping your First Citizens Visa debit card.
4. Can I use my new First Citizens Visa debit card at the ATM?
Yes, you can use the contactless feature or insert your card in the ATM and enter your PIN as usual.
5. What happens to my First Citizens magnetic stripe card?
All magnetic stripe card will be deactivated. The First Citizens Visa debit card is the only card you can use from July 1st, 2023.
6. Does my First Citizens Visa debit card expire?
Yes, Your First Citizens Visa debit card expires every five years and will need to be changed for a new card.
7. What if I forgot the PIN for my new First Citizens Visa debit card?
Using the First Citizens Self Service Telebanking System you can reset your PIN
8. Will there be a fee for this upgrade?
There will be no additional fee at this time.
9. What is Contactless technology?
Contactless technology brings to you added convenience when making a purchase at a merchant. With just a tap you can make quick and secure purchases.
Once the merchant’s POS machine is enabled with contactless technology, instead of inserting your First Citizens Visa debit card into the machine dip, you can tap or wave your card 2 inches over the machine to make a purchase.
10. How can I determine whether I can use Contactless at a merchant?
The Contactless icon (see below) will be displayed on the merchant’s machine.
11. Will Contactless purchases require a PIN?
Each purchase is assessed separately. You will be prompted if you required to enter your PIN.
12. Is Contactless secure?
Contactless uses the same secure robust technology as Chip and PIN.
When making a purchase using the Contactless feature, your personal card information is protected.
13. What should I do if my Visa Debit Card is lost, stolen or compromised?
Customers can email First Citizens at email@example.com or send a secure message via Online Banking.
14. How can I obtain more information on the First Citizens Visa debit card or send feedback?
If your Visa Debit Card is lost, stolen of compromised, you should immediately disable your card using first Citizens Mobile Banking App or call 62-FIRST to speak with an agent.