Debit Card Transaction Query
Now introducing, an easier, more convenient way to query your unauthorised debit card transactions
Follow the steps:
1. Download and complete the Linx Dispute Form
2. Print and sign the form
3. Scan and email to email@example.com
Alternatively, you can contact First Citizens at 62 FIRST (34778) – Option 2 , to report an unauthorised transaction and initiate a dispute. The Service is available 24/7
Debit Card Safety Tips
Remember, when using your First Citizens debit card, it is always IMPORTANT to Protect Your PIN:
- NEVER disclose your PIN to anyone; at an ATM, online or over the telephone, even if the caller claims to be a First Citizens representative. First Citizens WILL NOT ASK FOR YOUR PIN.
- Do not write down your PIN and never keep it in your wallet with your card, memorize it.
- Avoid using obvious PIN numbers e.g. date of birth.
When using your debit card at a store:
- Do not volunteer any personal information other than your ID document.
- Don’t let anyone swipe your card twice without giving you a “transaction cancelled” receipt.
- Do not sign a blank transaction receipt.
- Always ensure your card is within your sight.
- Always retrieve your card and your receipt before you leave the store.
- Keep all your receipts.
When using your debit card at the ATM:
- NEVER disclose your PIN to anyone.
- Be discreet when withdrawing cash.
- Use a well-lit ATM in an exposed area.
- Retrieve your card when the transaction is completed.
- Be vigilant to ensure that no one records your PIN and that the machine itself was not tampered
- If your card is stuck at an ATM, immediately call 62-FIRST (623-4778) to have a block placed on your card.
- Be suspicious of anyone offering help at the ATM, even if the individual appears to be a First Citizens representative.