Terms and Conditions
- “Card Account” refers to the First Citizens VISA Platinum/Signature/Infinite and MasterCard credit card account opened in the name of the principal cardholder.
- “Card Agreement” means the First Citizens VISA and MasterCard credit card cardholder agreement between the Principal Cardholder and First Citizens Bank Limited.
- “Card” means a First Citizens VISA Platinum/Signature/Infinite and MasterCard credit card and all renewals and replacements of that card which participates in the First Citizens Rewards Programme.
- “Cardholder” refers to the person to whom a Card is issued by the Bank and each person authorized to hold an additional card by the Principal Cardholder.
- “First Citizens Rewards Account” refers to the First Citizens Rewards account opened in your name for crediting and debiting of the First Citizens Rewards Points earned or redeemed in connection with the Programme.
- “First Citizens Rewards” refers to goods and services purchased utilising Miles such as but not limited to: air travel tickets, accommodation, auto rental, tourist activities, e-wallet and virtual transactions processed, i.e. Online, in-App and in-store as part of the First Citizens Rewards Programme as set out herein.
- “First Citizens Rewards Account” refers to the First Citizens Rewards account opened in your name for crediting and debiting of the Miles earned or redeemed in connection with the Programme.
- “Miles” refers to the miles credited to your First Citizens Rewards Account.
- “Principal Cardholder’ refers to the Cardholder in whose name the Card account is maintained by the Bank.
- “Programme” refers to the First Citizens Rewards Programme.
- “Qualifying Purchase” refers solely to any retail, PIN & Chip, or signature based or non-physical card purchases i.e. internet purchase, phone or mail order purchase, or automatic bill payment made with a Card for personal, household or family purposes. The Bank reserves the right to determine whether a particular transaction is a qualifying purchase.
- “Terms and Conditions” refers to these Terms and Conditions (as amended from time to time) which govern the operations of the Programme.
- “We”, “Our”, “Us”, “First Citizens” and “the Bank” refers to First Citizens Bank Limited.
- “You”, “Your” and “Cardholder” refers to the Principal Cardholder to whom a Card is issued.By signing, activating, or using your Card, you agree that you have received and read these program Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
This Programme is offered by the Bank, in collaboration with Visa Inc/ Visa International.
In addition to this Programme’s Terms and Conditions, your Card Agreement shall continue to govern the use of your Card and the Programme. In the event of a conflict between the Card Agreement and these Programme’s Terms and Conditions, the Card Agreement will govern the Card, and these Terms and Conditions shall govern in any matter relating to the Programme.
General Program Information:
- The Programme is available for the individual Cardholder and is issued by the Bank, the registered address being 9 Queens Park East, Port of Spain, Trinidad, West Indies. The Cardholder chooses to enroll in the Programme when a Card is issued in his/her name.
- The Bank reserves the right to determine, at its exclusive discretion, whether or not the Cardholder’s account is current and should earn Miles.
- The Card Account must be current and in good standing in order to redeem Miles earned. To be considered current and in good standing your Card Account must not be delinquent, charged off, in credit revoked status or otherwise in default of the Card Agreement, or cancelled or closed by you or us.
The Bank, in its sole discretion and based on these Terms and Conditions, shall resolve all matters, disputes or controversies in connection with the Programme, including without limitation, those related to transaction eligibility to earn Miles and Programme eligibility.
- Visa International reserves the right to modify or cancel any First Citizens Rewards, and to modify the Programme’s Terms and Conditions at any time. Published Mile levels are also subject to change due to fluctuations in currency exchange rates, customs charges, taxes, charges and fees imposed by governments, and fuel surcharges. When any change is made, we will post revisions at the Bank’s website and/ or we will notify you in writing, as applicable. It is your responsibility to review the Programme Rules to be aware of any changes.
- Travel Accident Insurance shall apply to flights booked using Programme Miles. Additional charges, taxes or fees related to the First Citizens Rewards must be charged to the Card.
- Cardholders benefit from a range of insurance coverage when redeeming Miles. Information on these insurance benefits can be accessed by visiting www.myfcrewards.com and accessing the tab entitled ‘Upper Club Branded Rules.’ Insurance benefits are not provided by the Bank and the Bank shall not be liable to the Cardholder for any failure to access to same or the sufficiency of any insurance coverage obtained.
- By participating in the Programme, accepting and using the Miles/First Citizens Rewards, the Cardholder releases and holds Visa Inc., Visa International, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates (including the Bank) and employees harmless from any and all liability, claims or damages arising from the use of any Miles/First Citizens Rewards, including, without limitation, physical injury or death as a result of travel-related activities to this Programme. This refers to you or those traveling/ utilising any product of service with or without you obtained as a result of Miles.
- Neither Visa Inc., Visa International nor the Bank shall be liable for any act or omission by hotels, car rental companies, airlines or any other goods/ services provider; any loss or penalty incurred by Cardholder in the event the hotel, car rental company, airline or other goods/service provider is sold or ceases to operate, or for natural phenomena or acts of God; or any services, amenities and/or facilities that are not available due to seasonal closings, renovation, natural phenomena or other similar causes.
- First Citizens Rewards are void where prohibited by applicable law.
- Visa Inc. and Visa International reserve the right to cancel the Programme at any time, and the Bank reserves the right to cancel its participation in the Programme at any time. This may result in the cancellation of any existing Miles balance for which neither Visa Inc., Visa International nor the Bank shall be liable.
- If for any reason the Bank cancels the Cardholder’s linked account, the Miles in said Programme, account(s) will be immediately annulled. Similarly, if the Cardholder cancels his/her Card, all Programme Miles in said account shall be automatically and immediately annulled.
- Any fraud or abuse relating to the accumulation of Miles or redemption of First Citizens Rewards will result in the annulment of all Miles earned under the Programme, as well as in the immediate cancellation of the Cardholder’s Rewards Account. The purpose of the Programme is to provide a service to an individual Cardholder, not to a company.
- Issuance and entitlement to a First Citizens Reward is subject to Cardholder’s strict compliance with these Terms and Conditions, as well as any additional terms and conditions imposed by the Bank. In the event of a discrepancy between these Terms and Conditions and the terms of conditions of the Card Agreement, these Terms and Conditions shall govern and supersede such other inconsistent terms and conditions with respect to the Programme.
- First Citizens Rewards are issued to Principal Cardholder only and cannot be assigned, traded, willed or otherwise transferred except with the expressed written permission of the Bank.
- You are responsible to advise us of any changes of address or contact information.
- We may share, exchange and disclose such information about you with other parties, such as participating partners, merchants or service providers, as required to administer the Programme or to fulfil the redemption requests under the Programme or pursuant to a court order or pursuant to a governmental agency holding legislative power to compel such disclosure. All collection, use and disclosure of your personal information shall be in accordance with the Bank’s Confidentiality Policies.
Every possible effort has been made to guarantee that the information contained in these Terms and Conditions is correct. However, Visa Inc., Visa International and the Bank disclaim all liability due to errors or omissions in this information.
- Miles earnings are based on the net retail purchase transaction volume (i.e. purchases less credits, returns and adjustments) charged to the Card during each statement cycle. Miles are calculated on each transaction, rounded down to the nearest whole points, and are subject to verification.
- Cardholders earn one point for every TT$8.50 charged to the Card, provided the Cardholder’s Card Account is current.
- Eligible charges that earn Miles to redeem for First Citizens Rewards under the Programme are charges for purchases paid with the Card. Transactions that are not eligible to earn Miles under the Programme include, without limitation, balance transfers, card service fees, additional card fees, cash advances, currency conversion fees, insurance fees, returned items for which a credit was issued, purchases that for any reason are in violation of the law or the Cardholder Agreement, unauthorized charges and other types of fees. VISA International, at its exclusive discretion, may modify the list of eligible charges and transactions from time to time.
- Miles for purchases posted during a statement cycle shall be eligible for redemption, upon monthly system update on 27th of every month.
- Redeemed Miles shall be immediately deducted from the balance of Miles in the Cardholder’s Rewards Account.
- You will receive information on Miles earned on your monthly credit card statement from the Bank. You can also access information on your Miles via the First Citizens Rewards App or website.
- The Reward Points that accumulate in the First Citizens Rewards Account are not the Cardholder’s property. Reward Points do not have monetary or cash value.
- If more than one Card was issued on the Card Account (additional cards), all purchases charged to said Cards will earn Miles in the First Citizens Rewards Account of the Principal Cardholder.
- If the Cardholder has more than one Card Account, each Card Account will earn Miles individually; however, Miles earned under different Card Accounts, owned by a single Principal Cardholder, may be combined to redeem Miles.
- Credits applied to the Cardholder’s Account, including those resulting from returned goods or services, shall reduce or eliminate the number of Miles available in the same proportion in which charges earn said Miles.
The maximum number of Reward Points to be earned per calendar year is:
- 250,000 VISA Platinum, Signature or Infinite cardholders
- 80,000 MasterCard Vacation Lifestyle (Classic & Gold)
All Miles will expire on the fourth anniversary of the statement date which they were obtained through an eligible purchase.
The Cardholder accepts full responsibility for the determination of fiscal or tax liabilities in connection with any federal, state or local tax that might be applicable or result from the accumulation, conversion or redemption of Miles/First Citizens Rewards under the Programme, including, without limitation, charges, merchandise taxes, international entry or departure taxes, customs charges, airport fees or surcharges, related to receiving or using any rewards redeemed under the Programme. The Cardholder is fully and exclusively responsible for the payment of said charges and taxes. The Cardholder authorizes the Bank and/or the Programme Administrator to charge any purchases he/she makes through the Bank or the Programme Administrator to his/her Card.
With respect to its use for the travel purposes the Programme, does not include the delivery to Cardholder of information related to documentation, visas, immigration documents, or any type of service to fill out and submit forms required by the authorities in each country. Obtaining and maintaining in his/her possession valid proof of citizenship or naturalization, immunization certificates and/or visas required to travel or enter another country are the sole responsibility of Cardholder.