Prepaid MasterCard FAQs
1. What are the fees on a Prepaid Card?
- One time card fee of TT$180, card is valid for 2 years
- Replacement card fee – TT$70 per card
- Replacement Card delivery fee via TTPOST $30
- Load/reload fee of 1.15% of the load/ reload dollar value
- Local purchases: Free
- Local ATM withdrawals at First Citizens and non-First Citizens ATMs: TT$7
- International & Online purchases: international processing fee of 2% of the transaction value
- International ATM withdrawal: (i) TT$15, (ii) any charge by the Bank whose ATM is being used and (iii) international processing fee of 2% of the withdrawal amount.
- Refund or Cash Out fee of TT$20
2. How can I load /reload my First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard or additional cards on my Prepaid MasterCard account or even a Prepaid MasterCard belonging to a 3rd party?
First Citizens has made this process quite simple through:
- First Citizens Online Banking
You can load/ reload your card or any other First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard through the Bill Payments option on the Online Banking Service. When adding your prepaid card as a payee on the First Citizens Online Banking service, you are required to choose “Prepaid MasterCard” under the “First Citizens Prepaid Card” heading.
Your Online Banking Transfer to the Prepaid MasterCard will update within 24 hours. Unlike the credit card transfers, this transfer is not real time.
- First Citizens Telebanking or
- At First Citizens branches
It is the customer’s responsibility to load/reload the accurate account, on any of the channels noted above.
3. How will the reload fee be charged?
The load/ reload fee will be deducted from the load/reload amount.
4. When can I access funds loaded onto the First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard?
Prepaid loads/ reloads made at branches, via Online Banking and via Telebanking are updated in the same timeline that applies to credit card payments made at branches, as seen below.
- Monday to Thursday: loads/ reloads made by 3pm will be updated on the same night. If your load/reload is made after 3pm, then that payment will be updated on the night of the next working day
- Friday: loads/reloads made by 4.15pm will be updated on the same night. If your load/reload is made after 4.15pm, then that load/reload will be updated on the night of the next working day
- Weekends and Public Holidays: loads/reloads will be updated on the night of the next working day
Other local banks cheques will be placed on hold in accordance with normal banking practices.
Immediate access is not applicable to funds loaded onto the First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard.
5. Is there a limit in terms of how much I can load/ reload?
The Prepaid Card Account can be Loaded or Reloaded up to maximum of TT$30,000 per day, with a maximum of two (2) reloads per day.
6. Is there a limit in terms of how much I can use per day?
Yes, the conditions below consider all cards on the account, and is not applicable per card.
- The maximum amount that can be accessed per day is TT$6,800 (approx.USD$1,000).
- The maximum number of purchases per day is 10, up to a maximum value of TT$6,800 (approx.USD$1,000). This amount is inclusive of ATM withdrawals with a maximum value of USD $300.
- The maximum number of ATM cash advances per day is 3, up to a maximum of TT$6,800 (approx.USD$1,000)
- Any applicable fees are included in the maximum withdrawal amounts.
7. Is there a minimum balance to be left on the First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard?
No, there is no minimum balance to be left on the card.
8. How can I obtain information on transactions done on my First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard?
Customers can obtain transaction history, for posted transactions, via:
- First Citizens Online Banking Service
- First Citizens Telebanking Service
- First Citizens Mobile Banking Service
9. How long is a First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard valid for?
This card is valid for 2 years.
10. If my First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard is lost or stolen what do I do?
Immediately report the incident to the MasterCard Global Service (MGS) if you are abroad or call 62-FIRST Options 2 & 3 if in Trinidad and Tobago. The MGS and 62-FIRST Option 2 services are available 24/7. 62-FIRST Option 3 is available Mon to Thur 6am to 10pm excluding public holidays.
When in the USA and Canada contact the MasterCard Global Service by calling toll free – 1-800-307-7309 and when in other countries call collect at 1 636 722 7111.
You are advised to store these numbers safely e.g. on your mobile phone so that in the event you lost your card, the customer service support numbers are easily at your reach.
11. Are there any other benefits on the First Citizens Prepaid MasterCard?
Yes. The Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit provides a maximum benefit amount of USD $500, in the event the cardholder suffers from loss of life, limb(s), or paralysis as a result of a covered accident.
Cardholder coverage is automatic and provided 24/7 anywhere in the world, as long as the eligible cardholder has an active account and a minimum of two point-of-sale (POS) transactions (excluding ATM) 30 days prior to the event which results in the loss.