Pay Using Online Banking
Paying your First Citizens credit card via the FREE First Citizens Online Banking Service is amazingly simple and can be completed in seconds, without any hassle.
The sole prerequisite is internet access which enables you to log in and use the service.
Payments to your First Citizens credit card is facilitated under the “Payment Services” option, seen on the menu list on the left hand side of the screen after you log in to the First Citizens Online Banking Service.
There are 2 steps in paying your First Citizens credit card:
- The one time start up requirement of Adding your credit card as a “Standard Payee”
- Making Your Credit Card Payment
This service also gives you the flexibility of controlling your finances by allowing you to modify your payments according to your specific situation.
Payments made using this service will be treated as stated below:
- Monday to Thursday: payments made by 3pm will be updated on the same night. If your payment is made after 3pm, then that payment will be updated on the night of the next working day.
- Friday: payments made by 4.15pm will be updated on the same night. If your payment is made after 4.15pm, then that payment will be updated on the night of the next working day.
- Weekends and Public Holidays: Payment will be updated on the night of the next working day.
STEP 1: Adding Your First Citizens Credit Card as a Standard Payee
Once you are registered for the First Citizens Online Banking Service, simply follow the steps outlined below to add your First Citizens Credit Card as a Standard Payee
- Go to “Manage Payees” in the “Payment Services” section
- Click on icon to add First Citizens credit card account as payee
- On “Add Payee” page, ensure that “Standard Payee Information” is chosen and under “First Citizens Credit Card”, choose either “First Citizens MasterCard” or “First Citizens VISA Card”, depending on the type of credit card you hold
- On “Add Payee” page, in the “Standard Payee Information” section,
- enter the credit card number to be paid in the * Account, Credit Card or Policy Number with Payee box
- enter the name of the credit card owner in the Account/Policy Holder Name box and
- enter any comments you wish in the Comments box
- Once the payee has been successfully added, you will be taken to a page where all your payees are listed, with the following message displayed at the top:
The payee has been successfully added
Term to Note: Payee – one to whom money is paid
STEP 2: Making Your Credit Card Payment
The First Citizens Online Banking Service allows you the greatest convenience and control in paying your credit card. You can:
- Make an immediate payment at anytime or
- You can schedule a payment to your credit card
In order to satisfy the monthly payment requirement, your payment must be made on or before your payment due date.
However the convenience of this service is that it goes beyond making it super easy for you to make your required monthly credit card payment. It also makes it unbelievably comfortable for you to make payments as and when you need to, without any hassle of standing in lines, simply by the click of a button, in a matter of seconds.