Join Our Community!
First Citizens invites you to join our ‘Community’ by submitting your partnership proposals for Youth Development & Education for our consideration.
We are committed to the mandate of addressing complex societal issues and supporting various positive initiatives by:
- Building a sense of community.
- Serving within the community.
- Collaborating and meeting the needs of various individual communities.
First Citizens invites you to join our ‘Community’ by submitting your partnership proposals for our consideration.
Criteria For Entry:
- Be from registered civil society organisations and non-governmental organisations
- Be aligned to the First Citizens Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Pillar- Youth Development and Education
- Be aligned to one or more of the Sustainable Development Goals or Global Goals of the United Nations established in 2015 by the United Nations General Assembly
- Be clear with respect to background/context, objectives, outputs, timelines, benefits to the sponsor, impact metrics, outcomes and evaluation
- Contain a detailed budget
- Include a detailed Public Relations plan
- Proposals not meeting any of the aforementioned criteria will be regretted
All submissions will be assessed on the following:
- Alignment – the request is focused on Youth Development and Education.
- Cost of Entry – the cost to support the request is feasible and within budget
- Reputation – the group/organization/initiative has a demonstrated history of success and solid partnerships with other corporations and/or reputable charities; that is, it has been involved in other successful relationships with reputable organizations. Additionally, the organization /initiative is recognized as credible, well respected, well managed, and has the potential for positive change
- Visibility/awareness – the group/organization/initiative is visible, recognized and known by the public for its work in Youth Development and Education.
- Compatibility – the organization’s philosophy, ideology, work and brand, complement that of the Group
- Mutual benefit – the group/ organization/ initiative and the First Citizens Group will mutually benefit from working together. This may also include an opportunity for First Citizens staff to volunteer and be part of the project
- Opportunity for profile – the group/ organization/ initiative will provide the First Citizens Group with adequate opportunities to profile and promote its involvement in the cause/charity
- Transparency – the group/ organization/ initiative is willing to show how funds are used. Upon request, the group/ organization should provide current and recent financial statements (or equivalent) to demonstrate their solvency. A third party such as an audit firm validating their accounts will strengthen this score
- Sponsor Exclusivity – the group/ organization/ initiative provides the Group with category exclusivity (i.e. no other major financial institution should be a key sponsor). Depending on the level and scope of the Group’s support, this exclusivity could apply only to the initiative that will be funded or to the charity in general
- Sustainable development goals – your submission should be directly linked to the criteria and areas provided on the application form for Sustainable Development Goals or Global Goals of the United Nations.
- Sustainability – the group/organization/initiative has the resources, support and plans in place to operate for the long-term
- Impact – The effect(s) of the initiative on the community. The number of persons targeted. The number and type of secondary stakeholders that would benefit from the initiative.
- Measurability – The ability of the organization to measure the impact of the initiative. The number of planned success indicators including: persons impacted, volunteer hours, visibility/awareness etc.