COVID-19 Media Release
First Citizens has developed relief concessions for our customers to assist with any negative financial impact associated with measures taken to limit the spread of the novel corona virus (COVID-19).
In announcing specific measures, CEO Carole Eleuthere-Jn Marie stated “We are prepared to do our part, on a case by case basis, by making concessions and taking measures to alleviate our customers’ financial hardship that may be brought on by the economic effects of COVID-19.”
In this vein, the Bank has activated key service provisions as follows:
- “Priority service” area for our seniors to minimize the time they will be spending within our Branches though we continue to encourage all to minimize in-branch activity.
- No account related fees or charges to seniors and minors holding our Fifty Plus and Smart Start savings accounts.
Additionally, First Citizens has implemented some initiatives intended to assist both individual and business customers in good standing. These measures are intended to alleviate the financial stress for customers who have been directly impacted by COVID-19. These concessions will take effect immediately and up to the next six months on an individual needs basis:
Individual/ Personal Banking Customers
Instalment and Mortgage Loans
- Waiver of late fees and penalties.
- Automatic deferral of loan payments for up to three months, with the option to extend for a further 3 months on a case by case basis.
- Debt restructuring on a case by case basis.
The following concessions will apply to personal credit cards of qualifying customers, for the billing cycle starting April 2020:
- Automatic Increases on Credit Card Limits for a period of up to one (1) year. The value of the increase to be determined on a case by case basis.
- Deferral of monthly credit card payments for a period to be determined on a case by case basis.
- Waiver of late fees where applicable.
Commercial and Corporate Banking Customers
All customers are invited to contact their account representative to establish a plan that may include some or all of the following:
- Temporary Increases on Credit Card Limits.
- Moratoriums on loans.
- Temporary increases on revolving credit (Working Capital purposes).
- Waiver of late fees.
- Customized and flexible payment options.
For clarification or queries, our customers may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are committed to working with you to successfully negotiate the challenges that may be posed by COVID-19.