First Citizens Credit Card Application Process
Follow the below steps to apply for a Credit Card:
Step 1: Download, complete and sign the listed forms
- Credit Card Terms and Conditions – This is the legal agreement needed between the Bank and the customer when a credit card is issued
- Credit Card Application Form – This is how we capture the demographic information we need to create your account
- Politically Exposed Persons (P.E.P) Declaration for Individual Form – This is your declaration on if you are a Politically Exposed Person (PEP), which the Bank needs to know, in line with the Proceeds of Crime Act 2000 (as amended) and the Financial Obligations (Amendment) Regulations 2014, Regulations 20(3). Definitions on who qualifies as a PEP is provided on the form
- Customer Declaration – This form provides the Bank with the customer’s declaration on if he/she has any tax obligations in any jurisdiction outside of Trinidad and Trinidad. This is in line with the Tax Information Exchange Agreements (United States of America) Act 2017
- Credit Card Standing Order Form – This form allows you to easily make arrangements so that your credit card payments are automatically kept up to date via standing order options which suits you.
Step 2: Obtain the documents listed below to submit with your completed forms
- Your salary slip, not more than 1 month old
- Two (2) forms of valid identification
- Proof of Address not older than 3 months* (bank statements can be provided as a proof of address)
- Job Letter addressed to First Citizens not older than 3 months old
*Note: If the proof of address e.g. utility bill, is not in your name, a letter of authorization from, the person in whose name the bill is in should be provided, along with a copy of a valid ID of said individual.
Step 3: Submit your completed forms and documents to us.
Option 1: Scan your completed forms and documents, email to email@example.com. Upon receipt, you will be contacted by one of our Credit Card Marketing Officers within 48 hours.
Option 2: You can place your completed forms along with your required documents in a sealed envelope, addressed to the First Citizens representative identified below, and drop off at any of our conveniently located First Citizens branches.
Mrs. Martica Crichlow
First Citizens Credit Card Centre
1st Floor, 62 Independence Square
Port of Spain
For any questions, please contact us via any of the options below: